I’m starting a monthly series that highlights the things I’m loving — whether it’s a beauty product, a clothing item, a book, a new service or app, or anything in between. Just darn good products and/or things that everyone needs to know about!
Let’s get into it.
October Things I’m Loving
1. Tower 28 Beauty Mascara: you’ve seen me talk about their SOS Daily Rescue Facial Spray (a product that quickly became my holy grail skin savior), but I recently tried their mascara and HOLY COW. It’s good. If you’re in the market for something clean that works, I recommend this!
2. Lug Sole Boots: I’m just really into the look of these right now. Especially a Chelsea-type lug sole. CHIC. I think one of my favorites are the classic Proenza Schouler Lug Sole Zip Boots.
3. Meditation: I’ve been listening to this Dr. Joe Dispenza meditation or this Dr. Joe Dispenza speech every morning and WOW, it is setting the tone for my day ahead. I’ve been carving out anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes a day to meditate (I used to do this more regularly) and it makes me go about my day in a much more intentional way.
4. A Classic White Oxford: You can never go wrong with this piece. Everyone needs one in their wardrobe. I really like Sezane’s (size up one size for a slightly more oversized fit).
5. Farmer’s Market Produce: I’m loving buying my produce from local farmer’s markets. It’s fresher, you know exactly where it came from, and by shopping at a farmer’s market you’re directly supporting the community around you. If you have one around you, make sure to take advantage before the winter season arrives!
6. Infrared Saunas: I’m looking into putting one in my home, but for now I’ve just been visiting local spas or wellness centers that allow you to book time in their saunas. The benefits are endless: detoxification, immunity, heart health, and more. I’ve heard really great things about Sunlighten Saunas, but if anyone has any recommendations for custom saunas, let me know!
7. An Understated Bag: I am getting increasingly over logo-heavy items and I feel like a classic, understates leather bag is in my future. This one from Ree Projects is ultra chic.
8. Birthdays: Admittedly, October is my birthday month, so I’m always nostalgic and excited around this time. But in a world of bad news after bad news, can we just lean into celebrating a bit more? I’m wholeheartedly a “birthday person” so this comes easily to me. But if you’re inherently not, I implore you to try it this year and have fun celebrating YOU!