New York Fashion Week is one of the only settings where you can really go out-of-the-box with not only your style, but also your beauty. I’ve been having so much fun switching up my glam each day, so I thought I’d share one of my favorite looks with you.
For yesterday’s Bibhu Mohapatra show, I channeled Britney Spears circa 2000 with an all red get-up, sleek, slicked-back hair, and fresh and dewy makeup.
This is a look that I will definitely recreate for daytime events and meetings because it was super simple, yet made me feel powerful and chic. So, without further ado, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can recreate it, too!
- Step One: Shape brows with your favorite brow pomade. One of my favorites is Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.
- Step Two: Create a blank canvas for eyeshadow with a creamy concealer. I used Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (swiping it from eyebrow to lash line). Then, using the same concealer, draw a sharp outline of each brow.
- Step Three: For a glowy and bright eye, I used the Tarte Flirt Pallet. Into the crease of the eye, pat in “Gaze,” then “Hotline” deeper in the crease, and finally “Snuggle” in the outer corner of the eye.
- Step Four: To add a bit of shimmer, press Stila’s Sunset Cove Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow in center of eyelid, and add Fenty’s Killawatt Highlighter in Fire Crystal to the inner tear duct.
- Step Five: Line the eyes with Nars Gel Liquid Eyeliner in Mesopotamia.
- Step Six: Add individual Ardell lashes (optional), and swipe on some L’Oreal Lash Paradise in Mystic Black.
- Step Seven: Using a foundation brush. blend Fenty’s Pro Filt’r Foundation evenly into your skin.
- Step Eight: With a Beauty Blender or a concealer brush, pat Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer into the high points of the face and under the eyes. Dust over the concealer with Fenty’s Killawat Highlighter in Fire Crystal.
- Step Nine: For an overall glow, use Nars Laguna Bronzer on the cheeks, forehead, and jawline. If you want a more dramatic contour, add Mac’s Powder Blush in Sculpt along your cheek bones, nose, forehead, and jawline.
- Step Ten: Finish the look with a natural lip using Mac’s Hip and Happy Lip Pencil to line and fill and follow with Fenty’s Mattemoiselle Lipstick in Up To No Good.
- Set it all with Mario Badescu’s Cucumber Aloe Spray!
Have any favorite makeup tips and tricks? Let me know in the comments below!
SHOP THE POST